There’s no question about it: virtual personal training is one of the hottest trends in the fitness world right now – especially during COVID-19. After all, why go to the gym if you can just perform your workout training sessions at home – all while being supervised by a fitness professional? Aside from saving precious time and effort, you will also be able to meet your fitness goals. Talk about hitting two birds with one stone.
You probably have several questions about this innovative training program – especially when it comes to the costs. If so, you have come to the right place. In this article, we’ll give you an overview of the rates of virtual training in Toronto, including the factors affecting the overall costs.
A Guide to the Cost of Online Personal Training in Toronto
For some people, going to the gym or even meeting face-to-face with a personal trainer is not always a viable option. This rings especially true now that we are in the middle of a pandemic. Even if there are safety precautions set in place, they may still feel anxious at the prospect of hitting the gym, or they may simply be too busy with their daily obligations, such as family, work, or school. Another possible reason is that they simply feel uncomfortable at the idea of exercising in front of so many people. Not to mention that hiring a personal coach can also be cost-prohibitive.
This is where online personal training can be helpful. The exact arrangement varies slightly from one fitness centre to another, but the idea is the same. That is, the workout sessions will be held virtually via Skype or Zoom, with a certified trainer providing support, guidance, and expert advice every step of the way. As with the typical personal training, the fitness coach will also formulate a personalized regimen that is specific to the individual’s fitness goals and level.
Learn more about the virtual personal training program of First Class Personal Training.
Related Article: Is Online Personal Training the New Normal for Fitness Goals?
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Virtual Personal Trainer?
Many people are singing praises for virtual personal training programs. They claim that it is not only ideal for those who are perpetually busy, but also for individuals who are on a tight budget. But this begs the question: “How much does it actually cost to hire a personal trainer in Toronto and the rest of GTA?”
As with any other service, providing an accurate estimate of the costs is difficult. After all, so many factors need to be taken into account. But generally speaking, you can expect virtual personal trainers to charge around $50 to $100 per hour in Toronto and other cities in Ontario.
Related Article: Why You Need to Hire a Personal Trainer
What Factors Influence the Rates of a Virtual Personal Trainer?
Several factors affect the pricing of virtual personal training. The majority of it has to do with the credentials of the personal trainer, as well as the nature of the training sessions. With that being said, here are some of the most notable determining factors.
- Degree program or certification
- Reputation and years of experience
- Duration of the online training session
- Number of sessions
- Special services or programs
Certified personal trainers will charge a lot more than individuals who are claiming to be fitness experts – but don’t have the credentials to back it up. Aside from that, the years of expertise or the popularity of the fitness centre also play an important role. Essentially, the more sought-after and the more experienced the trainer is, the higher the costs. This assures you that they have all the skills and knowledge needed to help you reach your goals.
Personal training sessions can take 30 to 60 minutes to complete. Naturally, the longer the training session, the more expensive it will be. Of course, you will have to factor in the number of sessions as well. Some gyms or fitness centres in Toronto will allow you to book multiple sessions at once to lower the costs. As for the number of sessions, it varies from person to person, but ideally, you should meet with your personal trainer two to three times per week.
Finally – special services. Depending on your fitness goals, needs, medical conditions, or overall health, a personal training coach may have to do a lot of preparation work or consult with industry experts to devise the appropriate workout regimen. Some clients might need a detailed nutrition plan, while others may need personalized exercise programs that are suitable for their age group or condition. Individuals with specialized needs may include teenagers, senior citizens, and patients with multiple sclerosis, among others.
Related Article: Personal Trainer for Multiple Sclerosis Patients in Toronto
How Do You Choose the Best Virtual Personal Trainer?
Let’s get this out of the way. Finding the best personal trainer is no easy feat. Not only do they need to have the right credentials and experience, but they also have to match your needs, fitness goals, and even personality, among other factors.
Even though you will only be working with your personal trainer online, it is still important to do some research and ensure that you are choosing the right person. This allows you to make the most out of the online training program.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when hiring a virtual personal trainer:
- Make sure that you only work with certified personal trainers. That is, they should hold a relevant degree and/or a certification from accredited and reputable organizations, such as the ACSM, CSEP, NASM, and NSCA.
- Ask the personal trainer or the fitness centre for referrals. If they do not have references from past clients or are hesitant to provide one, it is a huge red flag. Move on and continue your search for a virtual personal trainer.
- Select a trainer who is a great match for your fitness needs, goals, and personality.
- The virtual personal trainer should develop a customized routine that covers resistance, cardiovascular, and flexibility training. More than that, it should also meet your nutritional requirements.
- Know that you do not have to commit to the very first trainer you find. On the contrary, it is recommended to try working with a few fitness coaches and to assess each one of them before making up your mind.
- Make sure that the personal trainer is free to work with you in your preferred schedule. This helps with accountability and motivation.
How Do You Reduce the Cost of Online Personal Training?
Although virtual personal training is relatively cheaper compared to other fitness programs, the costs can still be a little steep for some people. But don’t worry – there is no need to put off your fitness plans. There are a few simple things you can do to reduce the expenses.
Here are a few tips to save up on virtual personal training costs:
- Some professional trainers of fitness centres in Toronto offer free or discounted consultation rates. Put them to good use. During the initial consultation, ask questions and clarify all the concerns you may have. It is also a great opportunity to get to know your trainer and see if they are the right fit for you.
- Take advantage of package discounts or deals. Most fitness centres, for example, offer discounted training rates if you book multiple sessions in one go. Many packages include 8 or 12 sessions per month, but it varies from one gym to another. Paying for your personal training sessions in bulk will also keep you accountable and make you less likely to skip your online training session.
- Consider group training sessions. These cost significantly less than having one-on-one virtual personal training.
Get Started on Online Personal Training Today
Because of the pandemic, exercising in the gym can be difficult – if not impossible. But even in “normal” circumstances, it is not always a viable option for some people. Maybe the training rates are too steep – or they are too preoccupied with their day-to-day lives to drive to the gym several times per week.
Fortunately, with virtual personal training, you can finally work out at your schedule and the comfort of your own home – or virtually wherever you want. Better yet, you will have access to one of the top coaches in Toronto and the rest of the Greater Toronto Area, making it easier for you to boost your health, improve your lifestyle, and achieve your fitness goals. Best of all, you don’t have to break the bank to do so.
If you are on a limited budget, don’t feel discouraged. There are plenty of ways to jumpstart your fitness journey. For example, you could book bulk workout sessions. It also helps to be vigilant and be constantly on the lookout for deals and promotions.
At the end of the day, what is important is to find an online personal coach whom you can trust and feel comfortable with. That is, you should be able to approach them freely – never worrying about being judged. If you have forged an excellent relationship with your virtual personal trainer, you will be more likely to show up for your workout session and be consistent with your routine. With that, it won’t be long before you finally realize your fitness goals and lead a fun, healthy lifestyle.March 29, 2021